Amazing Investment opportunity or fix and flip! This large side by side duplex on one title with illegal basement suites on both side is close to all levels of schools, walking distance to SuperSto...
Houses for Sale in Calgary NW
Search all houses for sale in Northwest Calgary. Whether you are a budgeting student or a stable retiree, Northwest Calgary boasts both affordable and luxury homes and offers incredible investment potential for homebuyers. The spectacular views of the mountains and the breathtaking Bow River Valley make this area of Calgary a place you will want to call home. Read more about Northwest Calgary Real Estate.
Refine your search for your dream home.
Pick your category or price range, then pick your chosen community.
New Listings! — Houses for Sale in Northwest Calgary listed within the past 24 hours
*Open House March 2nd 1:00pm-3:00pm*Discover your dream location in the premier community of Charleswood! This charming bungalow is nestled in a coveted street, boasting a spacious lot surrounded b...
Welcome to this wonderful property nestled in the inviting community of Dalhousie! Boasting 5 bedrooms, a spacious den, and 2.5 bathrooms, this detached house provides ample living space for a grow...
If you are searching for a community which does not appear on this list, please see our page for Old Calgary Communities.
To view all houses for sale listed within the past 24, please see our page Calgary's Brand New Listings for Sale.
About Northwest Calgary Real Estate
Northwest Calgary allows for the best of both worlds: The convenience of being able to jump onto the highway and be out of the city or downtown within minutes.
Overall, residents in Northwest Calgary enjoy fantastic views, world-class education and shopping opportunities, and access to a tremendous array of parks, golf courses, and wilderness areas beyond the city.
Where is it located?
Northwest Calgary is located the West of Centre Street and Harvest Hills Boulevard, and north of the Bow River and the Trans-Canada Highway.
The Northwest quadrant of Calgary consists of 62 inviting neighbourhoods. Across these diverse communities, home buyers can find everything from affordable townhomes and spacious new constructions, to elegant character homes.
Three General Flavours of Calgary NW Neighborhoods
Neighbourhoods in Northwest Calgary come in three general flavours, corresponding roughly to their distance from the downtown area.
- Closest to downtown Calgary, along the Bow River, neighbourhoods tend to feature many character homes, or up-market modern condos and infills. Here you'll see straight streets lined with mature trees. Residents also enjoy the proximity to downtown and views of the river valley.
- Moving further from downtown Calgary, more typical mid-century suburbs begin to make an appearance. Expect to find classic, spacious family homes from the 70s through to the 90s, many in garrison configurations, with vinyl siding over brick bi-levels.
- And, at the outer boundaries of Northwest Calgary, home buyers have their pick of new developments, complete with modern features and convenient amenities, including schools, clubhouses, and numerous pocket parks.
At the very edge of these communities, you'll also find a lot of land and mixed peri-urban properties. Most of the communities in Northwest Calgary will also have their fair share of affordable townhomes, providing great opportunities for first-time buyers.
Northwest Calgary Communities
Northwest Calgary hosts many excellent communities. Here are some stand-out examples:
- Hill Hurst - Located in near downtown Calgary, residents enjoy this area for its up-market condos and townhomes, trendy vibe, and the many character homes.
- Sage Hill and Evanston - Two newer developments at the northern outskirts of Northwest Calgary. These areas offer modern and affordable starter homes in well-thought-out communities.
- Citadel - With a mix of spacious single-family homes and elegant condos, this community is great for families. The community park, schools, and easy access to the Stony Trail highway will make your daily commute a breeze.
- Arbour Lake - A stunning lakeside community featuring private docks, a beach, and a top-notch list of amenities. Also near to the Crowfoot Crossing shopping center.
- Tuscany and Lynx Ridge - Master-planned, luxury communities are offering private club-houses, golf courses, and proximity to the great Rocky Mountains west.
Select Specific Calgary NW Communities below, and use the form above to search for more than one community at a time. Or you can explore all the Calgary MLS® listings available.
THIS SITE IS UPDATED DIRECTLY FROM MLS® SEVERAL TIMES PER DAY.