Located on regal Anne Ave in the heart of prestigious Britannia, this custom traditional home with over 6,200 square feet of living area is a must see. Completed in early 2018, this no-costs-spare...
Britannia has a selection of luxury homes for sale, pricing from the low $800 000’s to $5 million and up. Select your price range and/or specific Britannia real estate below.
Britannia Real Estate, Calgary
Single Family Homes for Sale in Britannia
Homes for sale in this category consist of detached and semi-detached (paired) single family houses.
Situated on a large 70 x 144' lot surrounded by mature trees and only 2 blocks from the Britannia ridge, this home offers traditional charm seamlessly blended with modern elegance. As you step insi...
This contemporary home has a breezy, California style that accommodates everyday living and entertaining. From the entry you are greeted by an impressive floating glass staircase. The living room h...
HUGE PRICE REDUCTION!!! Located in the highly desirable area of Britannia you will find this spacious upgraded 5 bedroom bungalow with a MASSIVE fenced yard. This extensively upgraded house boasts...
Britannia Condominium Ownership
Condo & Condominiums consist of multifamily units, townhomes, villas, low and highrise apartment condos.
Location, location, location! An investor’s dream, located in the affluent community of Britannia just steps from the Calgary Golf and Country Club, Crescent Park, Shoppes of Britannia and lots of ...
The southwest quadrant of Calgary houses the small but upscale Britannia community. Known for elegant architecture of its homes and beautiful landscapes, Britannia is located west of Elbow River and Elbow Drive. The Riverdale Park is to the west side of Britannia, while to the north is Britannia Drive.
Britannia Real Estate
Britannia became part of Calgary in 1910 and developed into a neighborhood in the 1950s. The upscale Britannia real estate features mostly single-family detached homes with condos and apartments forming a small part of the community. Britannia real estate offers a great combination of tranquility and convenient location that is popular among families looking for long-term housing. The average price of homes for sale in Britannia real estate is $2,995,000.00. Options range between $490,000 and $4,900,000.
Britannia Real Estate Market
The majority of property in Britannia are single-detached homes, making up 71% of the market, with the remaining 29% made up of apartments. In 2006, 27.5% of the homes were used for rental purposes, in par with the Calgary average. A smaller community, the area has a population of 746 as of 2011.
Things to do in and around Britannia
Britannia is bordered to the west by Riverdale Park, traveling along the Elbow River; the park has pedestrian bridge access to River Park, Sandy Beach Park, and Altadore Park, providing easy access to outdoor activities from picnics to jogging to simply taking in the fresh air. Elbow Drive provides quick access to downtown and to 4th Street, known for its abundance of cafés, restaurants, and shops, making it one of the most popular destinations in Calgary. 4th Street in intersected by Uptown 17th business revitalization zone, and is several kilometers of shops, restaurants, clubs, and bars, making it an entertainment center for all times of the day. Whether it’s the owner-run shops or the wild night out you prefer, there is bound to be something to catch your fancy.
There are currently no schools in Britannia, but schools K-12 are available in close proximately in the surrounding area.
What's it Like Living in Britannia
For schools for specific Britannia homes, please refer to the designated schools search tool on the Calgary Board of Education website. For a Report Card on School Rankings of Calgary Schools get in touch with one of our Britannia Real Estate agents.
Britannia Public Schools
Programs: Regular, Early French Immersion, Late French Immersion
School Type: Elem/Junior
4804 6 St SW Calgary, AB T2S 2N3
Western Canada High School
Programs: Regular, Dual Credit, Early French Immersion, International Baccalaureate (IB), Late French Immersion, Off-Campus Work Experience
School Type: Senior
641 17 Ave SW Calgary, AB T2S 0B5
Britannia Catholic Schools
St. Gerard School
Programs: French Immersion only
School Type: Elementary
1204 - 96 Avenue SW Calgary, AB T2V 0Y1
St. Matthew School
Programs: Early and Late French Immersion (Gr.7-9), Regular Programming
School Type: Elementary / Junior High
416 - 83 Avenue SE Calgary, AB T2H 1N3
St. Augustine School
Programs: Fine Arts
School Type: Elementary / Junior High
7112 - 7 Street SW Calgary, AB T2V 1E9
Bishop Grandin High School
Programs: Advanced Placement, Dual Credit, Extended French, Hockey Canada Skills Academy, Regular Programming, Spanish Bilingual, Senior High Marching Band
School Type: Senior High
111 Haddon Road SW Calgary, AB T2V 2Y2