Forest Lawn Investment Real Estate
Forest Lawn 4 Plexes, 6 Plexes & Investment Properties
The land on which International Avenue now is located was a swampy prairie back in 1901 inhabited by a few farming families. The land was later bought by two US-based real estate agents – Albert Smyth and McCullough - who aimed to transform the land into a suburban paradise.
Forest Lawn had settlements that could be traced back to the early 1900s, and in 1934, the area was incorporated as a village. The village was recognized as a town in 1952. It pursued city status but did not attain. In 1961, Forest Lawn area was annexed to the City of Calgary.
In 1993, the area was developed into a ‘Business Revitalization Zone’ to celebrate Calgary’s rich diversity and to revitalize Forest Lawn neighbourhood that was annexed to Calgary in 1961. International Avenue, located on a stretch between 61st and 26th Street on 17th Avenue S.E., has now emerged as a culturally diverse hub in Calgary.