Moving Itinerary and Checklist
A Possession - TO DO List
This provides you with a clear "Checklist" of what NEEDS to happen BEFORE you take possession of your new home. Everything from Gas, Electrical, Insurance, etc (and yes, all the contact information it there!) The guess work is taken out of the equation - it's all here for you!
- Change your mailing address. Online at http://www.canadapost.ca/ or from any Canada Post outlet.
- Phone all services and give them your possession date:
- o Atco Gas 403-310-5678
- o Enmax 403-310-2010
- o Telus 403-310-2255
- o Telus Mob. 403-530-5280
- o Shaw 403-716-6000
- o Cal. Herald 403-235-7100
- o Cal. Sun 403-410-1010
- o Canada Post 800-267-1177
- o Rogers AT&T 800-661-2268
- o Bell Canada 800-667-0123
- o Your insurance companies
- Remove all unwanted articles from your property. If the weight exceeds 60lbs - the sanitation crew will not handle it.
- Your home should be in the same condition it was in when the purchasers last viewed.
- Leave all manuals for appliances and other gadgets included in the sale on the kitchen counter.
- Leave all keys (house, shed, mailbox, etc) and garage door openers on the kitchen counter.
- Leave all security system, keyless entry and mail box detail codes and numbers on a pad of paper on the kitchen counter.
- Leave all remote controls for any permanent fixtures on the kitchen counter.
- Round up all warranty cards or necessary paperwork the new owner may need.
- Leave your new address so purchaser can forward you your mail (some do slip past the change of address with Canada Post!)
- Obtain a supply of boxes and packing materials for your move.
- Discard all flammable liquids (i.e. gasoline for your lawnmower, paint thinner...)
- Notify any home services you may have (Maid services, magazines, credit cards...)
- Make a list of friends, relatives, business associates, etc. and send them a not informing them of your move.
- Ensure you have made arrangements for your children! Safety is number one when moving, and little ones can get in the way!
- Ensure you have made arrangements for your pets (accommodations during the move, food and toys in an easily accessible location).
Who to Notify Checklist
Emergency - 911
Police - 403-226-1234
EMS - 403-261-4000
Fire - 403-264-1022
Calgary Block Parents Assoc. - 403-269-6460
Calgary Block Watch - 403-509-2565
Safety City - 403-287-1177
Red Cross - 403-205-3448
Babysitting Course - 888-307-7997
Lotto Information - 403-248-9988
Environment Canada - 403-299-7878
Calgary Home Builders Assoc. - 403-235-1911
Calgary Housing Authority - 403-221-9100
Calgary Real Estate Board - 403-263-0530
Calgary Mortgage & Housing - 403-515-3000
Landlord & Tenant Advisory - 877-427-4088
New Home Warranty Prog. - 403-253-3636
National Home Warranty - Calgary - 403-278-5665
Accessible Housing Society - 403-282-1872
Calgary & Area Physicians Assoc. - 403-943-1270
Calgary Health Link - 403-943-5465
Poison and Drug - 403-944-1414
Alberta Health Care Insur. - 403-310-0000
Foothills - 1403 - 29 ST. NW - 403-944-1110
Alberta Childrens - 403-955-7211
Rockyview - 7007 14 ST SW - 403-943-3000
Peter Laugheed - 3500 26 Ave NE - 403-943-4555
Call Before You Dig - 800-242-3447
City Pools - 403-268-2300
Day Care Information - 403-297-6100
Girl Guides - 403-283-8348
Scouts Canada - 403-283-4993
Telus - 403-310-2255
Shaw - 403-310-7429
Atco - 403-245-7110
Atco Emergency - 403-245-7222
Enmax - 403-310-2010
TransAlta Utilities - 800-667-2345
Canada Post - 800-267-1177
Calgary Transit Schedules - 403-262-1000
Calgary Herald - 403-235-7100
Calgary Sun - 403-250-4300
Calgary Board of Education - 403-294-8211
Catholic School Centre - 403-298-1411
Bilingual (french/english) - 403-294-8617
University of Calgary - 403-220-5110
DeVry Institute of Tech. - 403-207-3161
SAIT - 403-284-8110
Mount Royal College - 403-440-6111
ACAD - 403-284-7600
City of Calgary - 403-268-2111
Public Information - 311
Parks and Recreation - 403-268-3888
Alberta Motor Association - 403-240-5300
Alberta Consumer & Corp - 403-297-5700
Better Business Bureau - 403-517-4222